Polka Dot Ponies

This will most likely be just a collection of my ramblings. I ride and train horses, so there is bound to be a lot of horse stuff. But I also just like to vent and this seems the perfect place.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Sleep... or lack thereof

So I have been dating this guy for a little over a year now. I am completely crazy about him. He is smart, sweet, kind and funny. He can cheer me up when I need it and knows when to just leave me alone. We balance each other out well. He is quiet and calm where I am more outgoing and as most of my friends would tell you- a bit loud.
There is only one problem with this boy. He lives in England. I don't. So I only get to see him when one of us has the funds to fly over that big, stupid pond to visit each other. We talk on the phone about every other day but it isn't the same as being able to curl up and watch a movie or whatever.
To get to the point of this post I haven't been able to sleep since he left. He went home about a week ago and since then I have been up until about 3 or 4 am every night. I do try to go to sleep. I lay down in my bed and close my eyes and nothing happens. I can lay there for several hours before I get up and come sit at the computer to e-mail him. The I go back to my bed and watch Friends or Gilmore Girls until I finally fall asleep after several episodes. This cycle is getting quite exhausting and rather annoying.
As of now I won't see him until the 1st of December. Hopefully I can survive on 4 hours of sleep per night until then...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home