Polka Dot Ponies

This will most likely be just a collection of my ramblings. I ride and train horses, so there is bound to be a lot of horse stuff. But I also just like to vent and this seems the perfect place.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Picked up Tiki!

She is lovely. We went to get her tonight after I got off work. She climbed right on the trailer, didn't even look at it. When we got her home she climbed right back off. Let her check out Titan, Gus and Love over the fence then put her in a stall for the night. I put Love in as well to keep her company.
She looked around a bit but never acted the least bit nervous or excited. Was happy to settle down in her stall with a big pile of hay. C came over to meet her and we groomed her for a little while (she needs a serious scrubbing- maybe tomorrow). Tiki leaned right into the brushes and closed her eyes. She was perfectly content. Seemed quite happy to have a nice soft bed of shavings to lay down in since she has been out in a pasture for the past year.
I think tomorrow I will tackle the huge tangles in her mane, more bonding time.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger jill said...

Horses know when they've come to a good home. A couple times I've taken my horses to a new barn that they never really "settled" into. Ending up being problems that caused us to move on. Other times they have done what Tiki did, and settled right in. You and your barn have a good vibe, and she feels it. Congratulations on your mew horses!

February 26, 2010 at 7:02 AM  
Blogger Jean said...

Lovely news. It's great to hear how Tiki settled right in. I agree, the good vibes in your barn are pretty clear. Tiki knows she is in good hands and truly appreciates the care and attention.

I hope you will post some pictures once you have her all groomed up. I bet she is going to enjoy being handled for all the primping. Lucky girl!

February 26, 2010 at 1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home