Polka Dot Ponies

This will most likely be just a collection of my ramblings. I ride and train horses, so there is bound to be a lot of horse stuff. But I also just like to vent and this seems the perfect place.

Friday, November 14, 2008

Foot in Mouth

So have you ever had one of those conversations that totally goes the wrong way? Of course when you try to explain things everything just gets even more twisted and confused. I had a conversation like that with Boyfriend this morning. I was trying to explain something and it just wasn't coming out right. Maybe I have a newer version of foot and mouth disease where you just can't stop yourself from saying stupid things... or when you say something and then try to explain it you just twist it around in a big mess... What do you think? Does tht exist?

1 Comments:

Blogger Jean said...

I think there is a definite disease. The trouble can be in finding just the right words.

Sometimes too, though, you find yourself saying things you may have actually been thinking at one time or another but never wanted to say to anyone.

Sometimes the best way to get out of it is to say, "That was stupid. I have no idea at all what I'm saying and the more I keep talking the worse it gets." Make a joke of it and your inability to say what you really want to say. Admitting you've screwed up is often better than trying to pretend you haven't or trying to fix the "unfixable."

And I have a feeling Boyfriend acutally understood better than he let on.

As for your posts below, I am not much of a pop culture fan lately, so I don't watch Grey's or listen to pop music. Old stick in the mud that I am....don't know why but I just haven't sparked in interest. And besides, I have choir practice on Thursday nights! *G*

Glad you have a great circle of friends to share things with. It makes things more fun all around.

November 14, 2008 at 5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home