Polka Dot Ponies

This will most likely be just a collection of my ramblings. I ride and train horses, so there is bound to be a lot of horse stuff. But I also just like to vent and this seems the perfect place.

Friday, February 13, 2009

Pony update!!

So I haven't actually posted anything about the horses in a while! This blog should be called Polka Dot Chance or Polka Dot Crazy Cat Mo.... who by the way has started trying to nurse on Tess, who is not impressed- anyone know how I can nix that??
Anyway the horses are all doing well. Titan is growing like a weed! I swear he gets bigger every day. Gus is doing much better as you can tell from the recent picture of his leg. Rocky is still fat and still has to be kept seperate from everyone else because he is a big jerk. Though him and I went out on a trail ride the other day and had a good gallop which we were both dying for. Boyfriend also took him out for a ride and said that Rocky was a good boy.
Then the newest addition is a little paint pony called Seabiscut. He is a cutie and is actually a very quick learner. When he got here he struggled to lead and now he takes cue from my shoulder and is moving away from pressure very well. I will post more on him later.
On Sunday I am going to check out a prospective called Blue. He is a 17 hh, blue roan, appy gelding. He is 5 and has some training issues but seems like he would be a really cool project for me. I have to run but more on him later tonight as well...

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Jean said...

Wow, Gus's leg looks great! Good work. That was a scary injury. Hope he is sound on it???

Some cats will suck on wool too. My one guy likes to suckle the fleece blankets. Not sure what you can do to stop it as long as it's just Tess's fur.

Here is a website that discusses the topic: http://www.thecatsite.com/Behavior/231/Wool-Sucking-Cats.html

Meanwhile, glad to hear the horses are doing well. Seabiscuit sounds adorable.

February 13, 2009 at 5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home