Polka Dot Ponies

This will most likely be just a collection of my ramblings. I ride and train horses, so there is bound to be a lot of horse stuff. But I also just like to vent and this seems the perfect place.

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Christmas Cookies on Crack

So today has been interesting. I am babysitting J and K (2 lesson kids) for the weekend. Last night we had dinner and watched a movie then they went to bed. Then today I was at quite a loss as to what to do with them. So we hung out and watched Harry Potter this morning (they got up WAY too early for a Saturday!) and then headed into town for lunch. We had subs for lunch then went over to the library for a bit where they each picked out a movie and a book. Let me now say that it snowed this morning and their mom sent no warm clothes other than their coats so we really couldn't do anything outside. After that we headed back here and stuck a movie in and listened to it while we made cookies (the kind you roll out and cut and stick in the oven, I am only so brave when it comes to a 7 yr old and a 5 yr old). After making cookies while they cooled we took Chance and Tess for a walk (or rather we did for about 3 minutes until they were both complaining about the cold that I sent them inside and cut the walk way short.
Then we made frosting. This was an event in itself. While trying to get the red and green food coloring out to make the frosting J discovered that I had neon colors as well. So of course we had to make those. Throw a 5 year old with sprinkles into the mix and our Christmas cookies look like they are on crack. There are neon green Christmas trees, purple snowmen, bright pink bells, and blue stockings. All in all it wasn't a bad day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jean said...

Ok, that's way over the top for me! Taking on two children for the afternoon?? That's for them what's far younger than I am.....*G*

Still the cookies sound like fun! Neon is far better than plain old, plain old. Yummier too, I bet.

November 23, 2008 at 4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home