Polka Dot Ponies

This will most likely be just a collection of my ramblings. I ride and train horses, so there is bound to be a lot of horse stuff. But I also just like to vent and this seems the perfect place.

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Something Borrowed

So I am usually not really a 'chick flick' book reader but a few weeks ago I was at the bookstore working and kept thinking that I needed a new book. Then I rang up 3 people all within about 20 minutes all buying this book. They all said that friends had recommended it to them. They were all similar in age to myself. Then I went back to the break room for my break and had a text on my cell phone from C. It said "Hey look up Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin". To top it all off just 2 days before that a different friend was going on and on about how she loves Emily Giffin and that I should read her books. Plus this past summer I remember Yabo reading them as well and saying how good they were. So I caved and bought it and finished it in 3 days. Then I bought Something Blue (the sequel) and finished it in 4. I am not one to recommend sappy dumb romance books but these were witty and entertaining not to mention surprising! It was also very funny and it even had me cheering for the main character when what she was doing seemed totally wrong (i.e. sleeping with her best friends fiance!). Somehow she rationalizes it and you want her to win out in the end- only the end has a twist that I never saw coming! In hind sight I probably should have seen it coming but I was too wrapped up in Rachel's problems to consider the other side of it! So if you are in the mood for some light beach reading this is the one you should start off with.

From the back:
Meet Rachel White, a young attorney living and working in Manhattan. Rachel has always been the consummate good girl- until her 30th birthday, when her best friend Darcey throws her a party. That night, after too many drinks, Rachel ends up in bed with Darcey's fiance. Although she wakes up determined to put the one-night fling behind her, Rachel is horrified to discover that she has genuine feelings for the one guy she should run from. In her wildest dreams (or worst nightmare?) this is the last thing on earth Rachel could ever have imagined happening. As the September wedding date nears, Rachel knows she has to make a choice. In doing so , she discovers that the lines between right and wrong can be blurry, endings aren't always neat, and sometimes you have to risk it all to win true happiness.


Then if you like that one move right on to Something Blue which is Darcey's side of the story and what happens after Something Borrowed.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home