Polka Dot Ponies

This will most likely be just a collection of my ramblings. I ride and train horses, so there is bound to be a lot of horse stuff. But I also just like to vent and this seems the perfect place.

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Christmas Cleaning.

So the house I live in has not be regularly lived in for a while. January to March of last year it was just my 20 yr old brother, then April to May it was both of us, then June to August it was my Aunt, then September to now- Me. So needless to say the house hasn't really had a regular cleaning in a while. As of January 1st the house will be mine (I am thrilled as I LOVE this house and have lived here since I was 11). So I have been slowly trying to clean things up but catching up a 5 bedroom house on months of cleaning is a daunting task. Also, I HATE cleaning- so when I do try to clean I always find better things to do, like clean stalls, play with Titan or the dogs, etc. So anyway I had it somewhat clean when Boyfriend got here. Well Boyfriend's definition of clean is a little different than mine. He doesn't like clutter at all (I don't mind it so much). So for the last two days we have been CLEANING. Yesterday we tackled the upstairs (where his biggest complaint was the breakfast bar where I pile-um-everything. Like mail, magazines, papers, etc. I ended up with 2 bags of unwanted magazines that I took out and burnt. I have to agree that the upstairs looks 10x better. Today we are heading downstairs. So far we have completely cleaned the family room (including moving couches and everything), and put together a bed frame and set that up in my old room. We are working on laundry (I also don't like doing laundry so it piles up a bit). We just had a break for lunch and now are heading back down to work on everything else- including shampooing the carpet. Fun day... but at least we can say we did something at the end of the day.

2 Comments:

Blogger alissa said...

god bless boyfriend :)

December 9, 2008 at 4:12 PM  
Blogger Jean said...

It's always better working with someone else. I get myself distracted and there is no one here to put me back on track....

December 10, 2008 at 4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home