Polka Dot Ponies

This will most likely be just a collection of my ramblings. I ride and train horses, so there is bound to be a lot of horse stuff. But I also just like to vent and this seems the perfect place.

Monday, November 24, 2008

I've Been Tagged

So I was tagged by Alissa at grace's birdcage wedding and thought I would play along. I am supposed to tell 6 random, boring and quirky facts about myself.

Here goes:
1. I do not like pizza. I never have. I like cheese, I like tomatoes and I like the crust but when you put them all together it turns into something not very yummy. When I tell people this they don't believe me- why would I lie about pizza? I usually explain it by picking 3 foods most people like- lets say ice cream, chicken and orange juice- you like all those but do you want to eat them in the same bowl? Probably not...

2. My grandma doesn't know how to spell my name. I know that isn't totally about me but she has never spelled it correctly and I don't have the heart to tell her now that I am 24 that she has been spelling her granddaughter's name wrong forever. (She also currently spells Boyfriend's name wrong).

3. I was 6 or 7 when I realized that there was no Santa. We were in the car just after Christmas and something just clicked. So I knew but I was afraid to tell my mom because I didn't want to hurt her feelings. I wasn't sure if she was in on it or not but Christmas was one of her favorite times of year and I didn't want to ruin it for her. I didn't tell her I knew until almost a year later.

4. I probably cry at least once a week. It isn't always a really hard cry- maybe just a tear or two but at least once a week I cry about something either happy or sad.

5. Sometimes I pick fights with people. Not fist fights or anything just little spats. It is some weird thing I developed in a not so great college romance where I would pick fights and I thought that if he still cared he would fight back. How messed up is that? I subconsciously do it to Boyfriend but he knows me too well and just says 'Do you really want to fight with me?' I always say no and that is the end of it. Boyfriend and I have been together for almost a year and a half now and we have never actually had a fight. That has got to be some kind of record for me.

6. I really like my nose, my calves and my ankles. When I was in high school I stressed about the same things that everyone in high school stresses about but one of my biggest things was that I was super self conscious about my legs. I have been riding horses my whole life and that of course means I have very muscular legs (read- not thin). Although very toned my thighs always bothered me. So one day when my mom and I were shopping I commented on how no jeans fit because if they actually fit my thighs they were way too big in the waist. I don't remember the entire conversation but in the end we decided that I had great calves and ankles- none of this 'kankle' nonsense. Also I have broken my nose 3 times and had to have surgery to reset it twice. It is straight and looks normal but if you feel it you can feel the ridges and breaks. It is kind of cool. That seems weird when I actually type it out....

So there you go.

I am going to tag-
Jean at Horses of Follywoods
Claire at Molly- Bitless, Barefoot, Treefree
Melissa at Diary of a Mad Horse Woman
Caroline at Smartie'sDiary
Daun at The Eventing Percheron
Cass at Shut Up, I'm Counting

The rules are:
* Mention the rules on your blog.
* Tell six quirky yet boring, unspectacular details about yourself.
* Tag six other bloggers
* Go to each person’s blog and leave a comment that lets them know they are tagged.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jean said...

OK, OK. Give me a day or so to think of quirky things about myself. Sounds like fun, actually.

Be backatcha after I go to the chiropractor.

November 25, 2008 at 4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home